Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Day Old Child

This little poem hangs in the nursery in our home and expresses my sentiments perfectly as we have welcomed all three children into our home. Today little Jacob is on my mind. What an awesome responsibility to teach them of God and His love.
My Day Old Child My day old child in my arms with my lips against his ear I whispered strongly "How I wish, I wish that you could hear, "I've a hundred wonderful things to say (A tiny cough and nod) Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow so I can tell you about God." My day old baby's mouth was still and my words only tickled his ear, but a kind of light passed through his eyes, and I saw this thought appear, "How I wish I had a voice and words, I've a hundred things to say, Before I forget, I'd tell you of God, I left Him yesterday."
Author: Carol Lynn Pearson

No comments: