Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, January 9, 2009

DNA

I have never been good at picking out features on babies that look like their parents. I sort of roll my eyes when a baby no better than 12 hours old has been picked apart, attributing their eyes to mom, ear lobes to dad, left pinkie to great grandma so-and-so, etc. I admit as kids grow they often begin to resemble their parents but from day one? I'm not sold yet. There are a few things with my kids I have finally resigned myself to over the almost five years I have been a mother now. 1. Last week I decided that all three kids have my nose after seeing a picture of myself. 2. I used to think the circles under my eyes were from lack of sleep. My dad has them too. Neither of us ever went to bed early and both of us get up too early. Once I noticed my Maddie had them and just a few months old, I finally gave up. While the circles may get darker when I sleep less, they will most certainly NEVER go away. Bummer. Sorry Miss Maddie. When you're old enough to care, you'll hate them too. Ben and Jacob have the circles too, just not quite as deep. 3. My kids have my finger nails and toe nails. I didn't realize that there was so much variation, but there is, and they're all mine. Since it took me almost five years to believe that much, I'm sure there is more I just haven't noticed yet. I never claimed to be very observant. I guess there must be something to this DNA thing after all.

No comments: