Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wash Your Hands Please

A nursing mother can sometimes get an interesting vantage point on life. Sometimes being locked down in a chair provides you a chance to take a minute from a busy life to be still and quietly think. Other times it lets you quietly observe and people watch. The other day I was people watching while I nursed Jacob in a mother's room. The mother's room opened into the public bathroom. While I sat I noticed a pair of legs in a stall moving about rather akwardly. It caught my attention and I watched. The occupant of the stall tried over and over to flush the toilet with her foot without falling. I understand. Bathrooms aren't the cleanest places in the world and you may not want to touch the dirty nasty handle to flush the toilet. She emerged from the stall after flushing, fixed her hair then left the bathroom. Seriously, if you are that concerned with not touching the dirty toilet to flush it...why in the world would you decide not to wash your own hands? Yuck. Please. Wash your hands. I can at least give some credit for flushing. Lots of people don't do that at all.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

some people think "i didn't touch anything." but you know they touched the handle of the door to get out of the stall and that is something EVERYONE touches when they are finished going to the bathroom and some people might have actually used their hand to push the handle to flush, never mind the fact they just went to the bathroom. makes me want to wash my hands just thinking about it.

Laura said...

I just use sanitizer