Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, January 8, 2009

She Must Be Asleep

My friends came over to visit teach me this morning. We had a pleasant chat about all sorts of things and solved some of the major world problems I'm sure. Maddie Mae was playing in the living room with us for a long time before she ventured upstairs. Usually when she quietly heads up the stairs alone she is tired and puts herself down for a nap as long as there are two or more binkies waiting in her bed. I naturally assumed that is what she had done since she had been snuggling me just before.
When my friends left, I tip toed upstairs to check on her and tuck her in. She wasn't in her bed. She wasn't in Ben's bed or in the cave. I know...she's fallen asleep under her bed again while she was playing...nope. I checked the nursery, no. Only my room left. She must be nestled on my bed, sleeping like an angel in mommy's bed. No again.
I immediately saw my nightstand drawer was open and a little head was resting on the top. How cute, she's more or less fallen asleep standing up. No. She just knew she was in trouble. She had my five highlighters out of the drawer. She had taken a paper with random notes, put it on the bed and was coloring all over it. I'm counting my blessings. The paper she chose was right next to my social security card, passport and birth certificate. She hadn't colored on any of them. Time to put them away I guess. The sheets were a deep, dark red so the highlighter hadn't ruined my sheets. I'm not sure how the white mattress pad beneath fared, but oh well.
Grateful for what I got away with today. Of course, we then gently reviewed that we can only color downstairs on the table. Her face and hands were pretty and bright fluorescent pink most the day today.
By the way, when did her eyes change to greenish? We're not sure where those eyes came from. I though our whole family was brown and blue.

1 comment:

Verity said...

Too funny, and sort of a miracle, too, wouldn't you say? :)