Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Ran Today

January shouldn't be this warm, but I'm not going to complain that it was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day today! The high was near 50 degrees. We watched some neighbor kids in the morning for two different families, then when they left, I took the kids outside for a while. Ben made me take pictures of him jumping and he practiced his photography skills by taking some pictures of me. Jacob quickly fell asleep in the baby carrier I was wearing so I soon took it off and grabbed a little chair for him. He slept outside in his chair all bundled up to stay warm.
Once I was baby-free, it wasn't long before I was chasing the kids around, up and down the field and around the sink hole. Ben and I were chased each other all over until we were both panting and tired as we kicked a few balls around and played steal the ball. Maddie chased us until she was to frustrated by never being able to catch us. I was laughing so hard with Ben and loving the moment completely when I realized, I'M RUNNING!! It has been so long since I actually ran. Pregnancy slows me down so much, I hate it. Running again! It felt good, even exhilarating. I hope I can keep it up. My sister-in-law Juli has almost inspired me to take up running. It would be so good for me, even if it isn't miles and miles of running, just running with the kids is good for my soul if nothing else. I love spending time with them and hearing them laugh happily because they are having fun with me.

2 comments:

Cath said...

Loved this post! And the pictures! Envious of the warm weather... and loving the fact that you were out of breath (and not because you have 8 lbs of baby in your tummy!) We miss you Zufelts!

Stephanie Pilling said...

Great pictures! That day was wonderful!! Glad you were able to enjoy it with your kiddos!