Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Husband Hails From Florida

Brian got up to shower and get ready for work this morning. I went down to the kitchen to get breakfast for Maddie. When Brian came downstairs I was surprised to see he was not in his regular work attire of a collared shirt and tie. He was sporting a classy neon orange t-shirt and blue jeans. I questioned, "So I see you're not planning to go to work today. May I ask why?" His reply, "It's a snow day of course." I looked out the window and laughed. "What? Are you from Florida? That's nothing. I thought you were from Utah." He assured me that he was from Utah but most people that live here aren't.
There was a liberal leave policy in place for the day because of the snow and he was choosing to take it. The day turned out to produce 2" of snow by dinner time. The kids did better today than ever before at letting Dad work except for one time in the morning. I got them all dressed in their snow gear to go in the backyard to play in the snow. I told them quite specifically that Daddy had to work right now and that he could maybe take some playtime at lunch. They were both finally all bundled up and the headed down the stairs...straight to Brian and asked, "Ready to go play outside Dad?" He was more than happy to oblige. He took them sledding in front of the house. Then Ben helped shovel the walks. They both had lots of fun and came back inside happy and hungry.
Then it was back to work and I made lunch and tried to entertain the rest of the day inside. Ben did some puzzles with me and Maddie found the dress up box and enjoyed some time playing doctor. I think we need Aunt Kristie to teach her how to use the stethoscope properly. Then she found the pool toys and just had to wear the swim gear for a while.

No comments: