Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sweetness

4 am Jacob wakes. I drag myself out of bed to nurse him. We get situated in the rocking chair. I grab a blanket to keep warm in the chill of the night. He eats for a bit then starts to doze off. Time to burp him, so we adjust positions. I put his tiny little body up on my chest and rest his head on my shoulder and begin to mechanically pat his back. It's different tonight. I notice his sweet baby scent. His body is warm against mine, his cheek pressed against my cheek. In that moment my heart melts. I can hear his tiny breath going in and out as my hand feels his chest rise and fall. He is comfortable and happy in his safe place. No one to interrupt my happiness. No one asking for my attention or pulling me in other directions. They are all resting safe and peaceful, leaving me to enjoy my quiet, precious baby. In this moment we are frozen in time together. It's the middle of the night and I'm as wide awake as I could ever be, connecting with my perfect baby boy. I wish I could capture this moment and hold it forever in my mind and heart.

No comments: