Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snacks

Okay friends, the holidays are over. Ben ate the last of the cookies off the counter today. There are a few random Hershey's kisses and the like laying around, but they too are almost gone. It's time to get healthy. I really want to quit eating the quick and easy junk and get to more healthy stuff. So, I'm looking for your suggestions... What snack foods can I keep around the house to grab instead of a fun sized candy bar? It needs to be almost instant like that though, since any prep work means even if I buy it, I won't end up eating it to feel my impulse hunger cravings. Of course, eliminating snacking all together would be best, but come on people, let's be realistic and take this getting healthy thing one small step at a time. Leave me a comment to tell me what you snack on!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

unsalted cashews (but you can't eat too many of those either because of fats... you have to give them time to kick in to feel satiated, too). carrot sticks.

Heather said...

hummus
fruit leather
air pop popcorn (i always have a bag on my counter)
fresh fruit

Megan said...

I love the Kashi granola bars that Costco has with a coupon right now. We have a box in the car, Adam has one at his office, and I stocked up with the coupon. When I REALLY feel like splurging, I LOVE the Larabars-every flavor that I've tried so far has been fabulous. They come out to about 50cents each with the coupon, but we usually can share. Nuts, homemade fruit leather (a LITTLE work), string cheese (which is low fat) and yogurt.

Anthony and Kristie said...

dark chocolate

Laura said...

I'm going down the weight watchers road again.
100 calorie packs
sugar free jello
cucumbers and fat free italian dressing
grapes, bananas
apple cinnamon mini rice cakes- yes they're yummy

Jason and Rachel said...

I love eating fiber one bars. They are delicious and have tons of fiber. I wouldn't recommend too many in one day though...then you would be in trouble!!