Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, January 2, 2009

A Party for Grandma

As I mentioned before, we're grateful for the passing of Brian's grandma. It doesn't really feel like a sad occasion. In that light, we've been working on how to explain the upcoming events to Ben and Maddie like the funeral and the viewing. I was genuinely unsure how Ben would react to seeing her in the casket. I didn't want him to be scared or worried. When we stopped for a rest on our drive from Vegas to Cedar, he mentioned to someone we were from Virginia. The asked what he was doing in Utah. He told them that Grandma died, so we're going to go have a party and celebrate. That response drew a quiet chuckle from Brian and I as we explained we were going to a funeral, then I think the woman understood. I do hope she doesn't think we're terrible. I'm not sure a funeral is usually called a party, but it is certainly a celebration of Grandma BerDella's life. I'm glad Ben can view it in such a happy light.

No comments: