Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, January 9, 2009

Bump Him Up a Level

We can't believe how big Jacob is. Ben was so small and grew so slowly that he was drowned in his clothes for what seemed like forever. When Maddie came I figured I should have an outfit or two that was tiny to fit her, so we picked up three or four preemie outfits. I remember one lady in the store seeing me pregnant and looking at preemie clothes telling me to skip them, they grow too fast to bother with preemie clothes. Maddie wore them for a long time. Anticipating Jacob I hunted down a few warm preemie outfits so we would have something for him to wear and bought two jumbo boxes of newborn diapers (Maddie had gone through three).
Go figure. He was born almost two pounds bigger than Maddie. When I came home from the hospital it was immediately apparent that he didn't fit the preemie clothes, so my mom sorted through all the clothes and we bagged them up right away. Now at about five weeks he's outgrown his newborn diapers. At least he leaks between almost every diaper change. We're just about that dumb to wait until that happens for a few days before we clue in that we might need to change something. He just seems so big to me compared to our first two. He even has a little baby fat on his cute little body. His cute chubby cheeks make me smile.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, gosh, he's sweet!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

I LOVE the chub! He looks just great and so . . . peaceful. It's nice to have pictures of them when they're sleeping so you can remember how sweet they CAN be.