Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby Jacob is Due Today

Today is Baby Jacob's due date. Seems odd that we are 10 days into this journey together as a family and it could all just be beginning today. I think we're all glad to be where we are in the process. Things are settling down, the kids are beginning to adjust, Jacob is a champion eater and my body is getting adjusted to nursing again. We are a happy family today. Brian took the day off work since my mom has gone back home. We haven't done much of anything and it has been so nice to be home with no pressure or deadlines looming for us to do anything. Brian helped the kids bake cookies, worked on the sheetrock in the basement, built a train around the Christmas tree in the living room and got ready for the preschool Christmas party magic show. I checked my email and rested. I have a good life and am blessed to have so many people loving and supporting me right now. Having a new baby is a miracle. Jacob's sweet countenance and delicate baby smell warm my heart and make me want to hold and snuggle him near my face to be close to him. Even in the middle of the night I am enjoying our time together, even when he or I doze off during a feeding. Having a newborn at Christmas time has been extra special. It makes the season all the more sweet as I ponder the baby Jesus and his purity. It helps to be holding a pure infant in my arms as I think of the King of Kings and all he offers to me. Jacob offers some of the same things right now, unconditional love and hope in me and what I can do. It is a special time to have that so clearly illustrated at this time of year. We love our little December miracle and the pure and abundant love he is bringing into our home.

1 comment:

Jason and Rachel said...

Hey Angie! It's Rachel Burton, Rachel Morrell now, send me your email address and I will sent you an invite to my blog...well, if you want one. :) Your family is so cute. Congrats on the new little one! rachel_morrell@yahoo.com