Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Lights

We put out Christmas lights in the front yard today because I didn't have anything better to do with my time today, you know like clean the house, scrub the toilets one last time, wash the baby swing, clean out the fridge so my poor mom knows what is safe to eat and what might kill her, etc. Ben was pretty excited and insistent we get the lights out. Such pure and happy anticipation I couldn't put him off anymore. He's been so patient with me as I've been tired lately and I know he misses the me I used to be that spent time with him while Maddie napped. I really did enjoy working with him. He is simply a delightful soul, especially when he's giddy excited about something. He focuses and follows directions as closely as possible for a four year old. I sure love my sweet Benjamin. Our electrical plug outside is broken though, so we couldn't actually turn them on. Do not dismay though, Brian is "working" from home this morning so he may take a minute to check the switches before he "goes to work." That will ease Ben's worries. Not to worry about the inside lights though. Brian has them on remote. They come on every morning at 6am. It is sure cheery to come down the stairs to a lovely tree all bright and pretty. With Brian, everything has always been on remote. It was baffling the first few months of our marriage. Hummm....everyone reading my blog at their boring jobs would enjoy reading a post about our first year of marriage. Maybe I'll do that in a week or two. It was entertaining to say the least. Anyway, Ben also asked me to write on the calendar, "Christmas Day - Make a Snowman" to which I had to break the news. We might not have snow. That comment was met with a look of complete confusion. "But if we don't have snow, how will we have Christmas? Santa can't come in his sleigh either." I explained how Santa always made it to Houston and they don't ever get snow (except the ONE year we went to Utah for Christmas, then they had a one in one hundred years snow and I missed it, but that's another story all together).

No comments: