Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, December 15, 2008

Holding the Baby

Maddie and Ben both are really excited to hold the baby all the time. It doesn't play out how I thought it would originally. I figured Ben was older and would have more interest and a longer attention span. Turns out that Maddie is the one that wants to hold the baby forever. She just pets Jacobs head and loves to look at him. She can hold him for 10 minutes sometimes and be totally happy.
Ben on the other hand will go wash his hands and come tell me, "Mom, I washed my hands." Then he expects me to get the baby. He knows I don't respond to hinting. I just tell him, "That's nice. I'm glad your hands are clean." Eventually I have to prod him and ask why he washed his hands. He'll tell me he wants to hold the baby, I have him ask, then we get set up on the couch. After 30 seconds he has had his fill and wants to get down and go play. He does love to hug Jacob though, he always makes sure to give him a snuggle before he goes to bed every night. It is sweet to see how much he loves his baby brother.
Maddie is just happy to be all over Jacob in his face. Poor baby gets smothered. At least she is gentle by toddler standards and we're working on the rule about not touching his eyes.

No comments: