Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Super Glue

A few weeks ago, a little friend curiously wanted to play with Maddie's piggy bank. It's ceramic. Bummer. It broke into a few pieces and sat on our kitchen counter for a few weeks waiting for me to pick up super glue at the store. I even looked a few times and couldn't locate it in my rush to do the shopping. Finally I found it and today decided to glue the poor pink pig together. All I could think about 10 seconds after I started working was "How stupid can I be?" I put glue all around the edges and placed the largest piece. Then moving on to the next piece, realized instantly it should have been placed first. I couldn't get it in place with the edges. Knowing super glue dries quickly I jammed my finger in the hole in a vain attempt to remove the large piece before it was stuck forever. My finger was instantly bonded to the inside of the little pink pig. It took me about 10 minutes to pry it out. I felt about as dumb as a rock and it really, really hurt. I lost a bit of skin and damaged my pride in a considerable way. I knew if I called Brian he would remember what the remedy was for my predicament, but had a pig glued to one hand and the other hand had the little piece stuck to it. I couldn't really dial his number on the phone. I thought, "I can google it and get the answer!"...but how do I type? I checked the clock, at least an hour before Brian got home. So, I pulled...and twisted...and rested...and pulled...and winced. Finally, victory. Note to self - super glue is dangerous. It bonds skin instantly (even if it takes 30 minutes to work on ceramic). Brian wants me to buy them plastic piggy banks. Good idea.

1 comment:

Verity said...

OUCH! I laughed at first but then I felt guilty for laughing at your pain! I'm sorry, and I hope your skin is healed!!! :)