Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Magical Fairy Dust

Having my mom here to help after Jacob was born was like having a magical fairy around. The kids were in heaven. Every time they turned around they got candy. (Now that she's gone, it's sort of a problem.) Someone was happy to play with them and build train tracks or lego airplanes. Mom would lift or move things for me, including Maddie. She always washed the kids hands after mealtime.
When I returned from the hospital I found that all those house cleaning chores I hadn't gotten to had been taken care of. Every bathroom was shiny from top to bottom. The kitchen floors had been cleaned and every carpet was vacuumed. She even swept my bathroom floor which I had been neglecting because I didn't want to deal with the dead ants and Raid mess a month or so ago (gross, but she cleaned it up still). The Christmas decoration boxes left laying around the living room were away in the basement and the good will donation box had been taken to the car for drop off rather than sitting in the front entryway.
Mom let me just sit and relax or nap. Every meal was prepared for me and after I ate the dishes were wisked away and washed immediately for me. When she made dinner she doubled everything and froze and extra portion for us to eat later. The countertops were never as clean as while she was at our house. The toys seemed to stay in their right places or at least within reason so our main floor was much cleaner than usual. The children were read stories and entertained. They even went on a Christmas Lights Bike Ride when the weather was pleasant one evening. Ben said they need to do that every year when he returned to the house again.
Grandma is a hit with everyone at our house. I am so grateful for all the help she offered us. It was wonderful knowing that Brian could go to work and I didn't have to stress about which friend was watching the kids this day or that. They were safe and happy at home with Grandma. Now that she has returned home, I'm missing her and wishing we could hang out in the evening again talking. I'm glad that Baby Jacob will forever be able to share a birthday with you, even if he didn't get to share the birthday cake this year. I miss our magical fairy and the magical fairy dust she spread all over our entire home. Thanks, mom. We love you!

1 comment:

Anthony and Kristie said...

aahhh precious. I agree momis the best, when she is around everything is better.