Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Piggy, Piggy

I'm not quite sure what type of people I spent Thanksgiving with this year. Seriously, I'm reading everyone else's blogs saying they stuffed their faces until they couldn't eat another bite, then they had dessert anyway. Normal. I know I'm super, mega pregnant and delivering in a few days, but it was Thanksgiving, people!! Why was I the ONLY person in the entire house that had seconds? I guess I'm just the pig in the group. That was a pretty fantastic dinner. How could I possibly let it all go to leftovers? It's never as good when we rewarm stuff in a microwave. We spent the day with the Hyatt family and their cousins Monica and Drew from Centreville, VA. Monica is nigh unto a gourmet chef. I just sat back at the bar and watched her work. She owns all the fancy kitchen gadgets that we all want to have but when we buy them would never actually use but once a year. She took care of the turkey cooking. Did you know after the turkey cooks, it is supposed to "rest" before you carve it? I had no idea. She actually seasoned the bird, not just unwrapped the plastic and threw it in the oven like I may have possibly done in the past. She made gravy that was fantastic with those fancy drain off the fat type measuring things and it was so much better. Maybe that is one gadget I'll find worth buying now. After dinner the guys went out in the yard and cut down a super huge tree. It was somewhere near three stories high, certainly taller than the house. It was in such terrible shape that as each branch crashed to the concrete and lawn below, it looked like someone had thrown an icicle rather than a tree branch. They shattered into a million pieces. What an exciting mess. When the tree was down and everyone was safe we had pie, relaxed and then headed home. It was a pleasant day.

No comments: