Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, December 18, 2008

An Early Christmas Miracle

When people told me with Ben to bring my maternity clothes to the hospital to wear home, I didn't really believe them. I brought a pair of maternity and a pair of regular clothes. I was having a baby, right? That meant I would get skinny really fast. I gained 40 lbs with Ben, but still, how could I possibly need maternity clothes still? To my great disappointment, I was in my maternity pants for about three months after Ben. When I had Maddie, I knew what to expect and was in better prepared for reality. I gained 25 lbs and was in maternity pants for about two months after her delivery. Every time I tried on my regular pants, thinking I'd finally lost enough weight, I was broken hearted and sad to find I didn't fit yet. This time I gained 23 lbs and expected maternity for a long while. I got a little early Christmas miracle though. I was leary of trying my regular pants on because I know the heartache of not fitting. Eventually, though, I couldn't keep my pants from falling down and it was driving me nuts. I put off the test for several days until I couldn't find a maternty pair that would stay on. I tried a generously sized pair of regular pants and they fit! Excellent! Back in my old jeans at 10 days? That's nuts! And cool! Don't worry, my belt isn't anywhere near my regular hole, but I did get it on... I'm smiling today, even if I can only fit into one pair of regular pants because the rest won't button up yet.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hooray for real pants! As you well know, even if you're the same number weight, the body's not the same. I'm just now getting closer to a recovered body after my Jacob!

Stephanie Pilling said...

Whooo hooo! How awesome that must be! (I wouldn't know from personal experience, obviously!!!!)