Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Early Christmas Miracle - Update

For the sake of all the women out there who fight to loose the pregnancy weight, I felt it only right to provide an update to my post saying I got into my pre-pregnancy jeans. The day of all my excitement I tried on two pairs of jeans and they fit! I was elated. The following day the next pair in the pile did NOT fit. No big deal, I tried the next. No luck. I quit after the fourth pair of pants didn't even come close to buttoning over my abdomen. Depressing. Now as I think back over things, it sort of makes sense. The top two pairs of jeans would have been the last two pairs I gave up when I was growing and moving into my maternity clothes. Obviously, they were the most stretchy, largest, generous pairs of jeans I owned. As we moved backward in the pile, we get to the smaller and less stretchy sizes with less give at the waist. Not a chance at getting those ones on anytime soon. Of course, even if the weight is gone, every woman knows (and likely their husbands also notice) the body shape is a far cry from what it was. I happened past a mirror a few days ago and thought to myself, "I look about 6 months along today." So, for anyone out there who was hating me last week over my excitement...justice is served. I don't really fit like I thought I did. Gotta keep working on it and quit eating all those Christmas cookies.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ang, getting into any jeans you wore before moving into maternity clothes is a !success! to me! I'm proud of you. So you wear those pre-prego jeans with pride!!

xo