Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, December 4, 2008

When Will It Be Real?

Two days ago I was sitting on the couch watching the kids play and chatting with them as their imaginations roamed. I glanced at the Christmas tree and mantel with stockings hung with care. I thought to myself, "Oops, we hung too many stockings." I was about to go take one down when I realized I was wrong. Five is the right number of stockings for this Christmas. Baby boy will most certainly need a stocking this year for Santa to fill with wonderful treasures. It made me laugh inside to realize how surreal it all feels to me. I did begin to consider the magical sacred moments that I will share with Brian on Friday afternoon. I'm sure when we get to hold our new little angel we will begin to wrap our minds around the gift about to be given to us. I love those first quiet hours of special time after I first get to be with my new baby and my sweetheart alone in another magical world. Everything else just melts away in my mind. Welcome baby. We can't wait to meet you.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, the anticipation in your heart! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see pictures.