Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Present for Me or the Arveseths?

For Christmas Brian got me a new cell phone. When we got the one I currently use, we got the cheapest phone possible. It was really small and designed flat, meaning it didn't fold open and closed. Should have been perfect for our needs. I couldn't figure out how to lock the keypad out, so I kept dialing numbers without meaning too. Finally, I had my tech savy friend, Lauren, figure out how to lock the keypad. Problem solved, right?

Unfortunately, my backside is really, really talented. I would put the phone in my back pocket and my talented toosh would unlock the phone. Over the months I've had the phone, I've dialed numerous people on accident and they have listened to the muffled sounds of my pocket. I have sent numerous text messages of gibberish and a few times, retexted messages meant for one person to another person. Good thing I never said anything bad. The most lucky of such recipients was Catherine Arveseth. Arveseth comes first in my phonebook, so it was her good fortune to receive the majority of the random calls placed by my rear end. I have to say, being a Zufelt, I have often been the victim of the same crime. Many people's phones have called me over the years and left 10 minute muffled messages on my home answering machine. One person did it so often, 5 or 6 times a week, I finally asked them to change my listing in their phone book from Zufelt to Angie so it wouldn't happen as often. The bad news was that it still happened because Angie came first in her phonebook. No escaping it with that phone...

Today we got the new phone completely hooked up and it's ready to go! So, it begs the question, is this gift really for me or is it for Catherine? Cath - my backside will miss calling you.

2 comments:

Stephanie Pilling said...

Angie--your blog is so fun to read! You have the best stories! Hope your new phone works out well. :)

Cath said...

This is hilarious! I'm honored to be at the top of your phone list. The last text message you accidentally sent topped all though - I can't recall exactly what it said but it contained a few words new to the English language. We've had some good laughs over your "rear end phone calls". As long as you just keep calling - I'll be happy. Even if it is from your backside!