Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Champion Sucker

Who knew some babies can keep a binkie in on their own? With Ben I swear we held the binkie in his mouth for three months before he really seemed to have the coordination to keep it in himself. His tongue was just too wiggly and would push it out. Maddie did better, but still took six to eight weeks to keep her binkie in. With both kids we would swaddle them like a burrito in their blankets and do it just so to wrap just over the bottom of the binkie to help keep it in longer. Some may say I forced the binkie on my kids. Darn right. I call the binkie the "magic happy maker" and it is a God-sent gift to mothers and fathers everywhere. Both the kids really did want them, just couldn't keep them in. They would settle immediately when they got them back.
It has been a pleasant surprise to us that Jacob is a champion binkie sucker. From the hospital he could more or less keep the binkie in. Of course, sometimes it still pops out, but not very often. What a nice treat for us.
I just asked Brian if we had any pictures of Jacob with a binkie without saying anything about this post. Brian said, "Probably not. He doesn't really keep the binkie in very well, so I doubt it." It appears that we have a difference of opinion, so let me clarify. Jacob is a champion binkie sucker when he is awake and wants it to settle him. It does fall right out when he falls asleep, so it isn't there when he wakes up to resooth himself back to sleep.

1 comment:

Cath said...

That picture makes me want to hold him!!! I miss you guys so much!!!