Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Never Really Enjoyed Gift Wrapping

I'm not big on wrapping presents. Gift bags are a dream to me. Stuff it in and you're done! Of course that wont work when you have a toddler around that will just unpack the bags. Even when I was little I remember taking all my Christmas presents in to my sister, Kristie, and having her wrap them all. She more or less enjoyed it and could always get the corners to look neat and tidy, plus she put bows on them so they were cute. Yes, we were different from the start. Kristie has always been the clean and pretty one. I've always been the disorganized junk hoarder. I remember us putting down a masking tape line in our bedroom to divide what she called "the messy side from the nice clean side" of the room. She would make her bed and go play. It would be crisp and perfect. I would then go touch her bed to put the slightest of wrinkles in the middle somewhere and she would notice. Nut case. By this age though, I've just accepted it. Maybe someday I'll be as amazing as her. Anyway, Ben has been telling me that we don't have many presents under the tree and has been sort of worried about it. He and Maddie Mae have been trying to reconcile the situation as best they could by putting blankets and piles of their toys under the tree. Then Maddie comes to me and says, "Look mommy! We got some pwesents!" Yesterday I got the email from Wal-Mart saying all the gifts from the grandparents and cousins were in waiting to be picked up at the store. I got everything and spent 3 hours wrapping those things and all the others. Ben was totally happy when he came downstairs this morning and saw all the gifts. He is so excited to open them all now. There isn't anything earth shattering under the tree this year, but we got some fun stuff in some seriously big huge boxes. It does look impressive!

No comments: