Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, October 6, 2008

Better News Today

The DMV online system finally worked! I don't have to go in anymore. My birthday cake tasted great, though I had to scrape off the 3 layers of frosting. It was just too much "repair" work for me to stomach. The kids however LOVED it! Catherine and Doug made us a fantastic dinner Sunday night, so I got to sit around all afternoon thinking, "I need to figure out dinner...NO...I don't have to figure out dinner." It felt evil and great at the same time! Today is my birthday and Brian has already prepared a roast and vegetables that are in the crockpot. It smells so good it's almost torture sitting around waiting for him to return home for dinner.
My friends are sending me to get a pedicure with my birthday twin girlfriend, Mali, while they watch all our kids. I've never in my life had a pedicure, so this should be really nice. The kids are both watching a movie right now and I am alone for 15 minutes or so. I'm enjoying the solitude. Though Maddie Mae is still having tantrums and regressing into needing the binkie more than before, she doesn't appear to be sick anymore. Thank goodness for that. Ben cleaned some of the dirt caked toys from the basement with the hose yesterday and I changed the air filter so hopefully we won't be recirculating more dust quite so much. Still lots of cleaning to do. We bought sheet rock and got the Home Depot kid class project on Saturday. Brian carried in all the sheet rock alone, poor guy. Ben and I built the project together in the afternoon. It was a firetruck and he loves it. Overall, a much better weekend than the week itself.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy your pedicure and dinner!

I'm so glad you're having a better day!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Since you are off getting a pedicure I won't bother calling you. Here is what I was going to say:

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday dear Angie,
Happy Birthday to you.