Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wall-E

Tonight we introduced Ben to more amazing things in the grown-up world. Ben couldn't remember ever going to the movies before and he hasn't gone since he was basically a newborn. He thought it was absolutely fantastic! We went to the cheap theatre down the street and saw Disney's "Wall-E" together as a mom, dad and Ben date. Maddie stayed home with the neighbor, Katie, the worlds best babysitter. She lives 4 doors down in our same building and likes our kids so much that she comes over to play with them in the afternoons just because she wants to. Ben and Maddie completely adore her and she is really good to them.
At the movie theatre we let Ben buy our tickets and I took him to choose his favorite color booster seat while Brian got popcorn. He was worried that we might not have enough until he saw the size of the bucket and figured it would be okay. He got his very own water cup (still couldn't pay the kid to drink soda if we wanted him to). Ben sat between us and loved all the attention. Before the show they had a short of a silly magician having trouble pulling a stubborn bunny out of his magic hat. Ben asked if it was the movie yet. I told him no, to which he replied, "Oh, because I really like this part."
During the movie, he was commander of the popcorn. I was holding it at first so it wouldn't spill, then all of a sudden he grabbed it and put it in his lap. "There, that's better, mom. Now I can reach it without stretching SOOOO far." We do need to work on his quiet voice during the movie, but he wasn't too disruptive. My favorite part of the night was when a spaceship landed on earth and lots of dust flew up on the screen as it landed. Ben said, "Whoa! I just got a bunch of dirt in my eyes." Go figure. Brian and I couldn't help laughing. I guess it was all directed at his face because no one else in the theatre seemed to notice the dust...
P.S. - Hint for the Grandma's out there, Ben wants the movie Wall-E for Christmas. We can check back later closer to Christmas, but tonight he asked me how we could get the movie to play at our house.

1 comment:

Juli said...

That's so great that you took Ben on a date. The kids (emily in particular) are always asking to go on a date with us. It is the ultimate reward. I thought that was a very interesting movie.