Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Carving and Poop Soup

That would be the title of my day if I had to assign it one. I changed at least five diapers full of poop soup today, maybe more. Darn if I usually put those types of diapers directly in the outside trash, but no...not today...since someone STOLE the trash can. Idiot. There is no where else to put them but in the diaper pail in the nursery. Glad tomorrow is trash day and hope the poop soup is over by then. I have to say though, the first one was the worst. Every parent knows what that stooping position means for their toddler. Their working on a diaper load. You give them one to five minutes and check back to change them. Well, Maddie changed from a stooping position to standing on her feet with her head bent over onto the floor. Weird was all I could think. Then she said, "Mommy, I stinky. I need a new diaper." No problem. I grab the diaper and two wipes and she hasn't moved position. I snatch her up and she screams. "My tummy is stinky." Yep. It was so much poop soup that it filled the diaper, the legs, tummy and back of her pajamas. Nothing to do but drop the clean diaper and wipes where we are and gingerly carry Little Miss Stinky Tummy to the tub for a hose down, making sure not to tip or disturb the liquid level on our journey up the stairs. After the diaper change, bath and new clothes we had some gentle on the tummy Ramen noodles for lunch and started our afternoon project of pumpkin carving. We didn't really want to do it without Brian, but hey, if you're gone for half the month of October, you're bound to miss something and we have to have them ready for the big pumpkin carving contest on Saturday. Here is Ben working his heart out to get the perfect pumpkin. Of course, he wouldn't touch anything "slimy" because he didn't want to feel it on his hands. After a few minutes, he asked to change his shirt because it got dirty and he couldn't handle the slimy on his sleeve.

Maddie kept busy, mostly moving from pumpkin to pumpkin. A little here, a little there, not really knowing what we were doing or why, but telling us over and over which one was hers.

This pumpkin was almost as big as Maddie and probably weighed as much as she does.

Ben decided for his first pumpkin that he would rather make a lamp to let the light out rather than the traditional jackolantern face. A new idea, but who am I to interfere? The glowing lamp, you know, so you can turn it on.

For his second pumpkin, I thought it was another lamp again until he finished it. He had me put a triangle nose on it. He made a point to tell me it was supposed to be flat on the top and pointed on the bottom because it needed to look right when he was standing on his head. Confusing to me for a minute, but then I realized he had carved the pumpkin upside down so the whole thing was on its head. Now I get it. Check out the picture. With the reflection on the counter top you can totally see the face...smart kid!

Here is mom's work and a little bit of photography experimenting with our fancy camera.

Think I can win the pumpkin carving contest?

No comments: