Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Maddie Says...

"I had it first." Translates in a two year old mind such that if you declare this phrase with real gusto, you will get whatever it is that is the object of desire at the given moment. Never mind who really had it first, it's all about power in the presentation of the phrase and being able to run really fast once you snatched it away from someone. "Go away fwum me!" Usually said when she wants mom to quit nagging or controlling the situation, such as when she is stalling on nap time to the extent that mom has to pick her up and carry her upstairs. "Leave me alone!" Typically reserved for Ben. Enough said. "Actually, _______." Fill in the blank. Maddie says actually all the time and I think it's pretty cute. She even uses it correctly. For instance, we saw a dog while driving in the car this morning. Maddie tells me, "I see a doggie, Mommy! Acutally the dog is on my side (of the car)."

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think "actually" is a 2 year old milestone. And, it's such a funny one! "Leave me alone" must be a 4 year old milestone. Lovely.

How are you feeling?