Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wallet Recovered!!! Contents Not So Much...

My friend just came over with my wallet today!! Two weeks later it has been returned, quite a bit lighter than it was when I lost it of course. When she knocked on the door, the timer was ringing to get my pumpkin bars out of the oven, so I let Brian get it. I grabbed a toothpick to test the pumpkin bars and heard Amy say she had my wallet. I got so excited I forgot the oven and, well, they look a little bit crispy now. But who cares?? Amy blessed her baby today and some of the kids were being a bit rowdy. Her brother-in-law took the wild ones outside to let them wiggle a bit and one of the girls brought him a card. He asked where she got it and she showed him. My wallet was in the bushes next to the church building scattered all over the place. All the cash and credit cards were missing, including the change. Seriously, if you are stealing a wallet, I guess you're desperate, but stealing even the pennies? I hope they needed it more than me because it has been a mess for me to pick up the pieces of what they destroyed. On the positive side, I have a few of the gift cards back, Michaels Craft Store, but not Chilis. I got the metro fare cards we use when family comes to town, so probably about $100 worth they must not have known what they were. My completely unsubstantiated, no proof theory is that a teenager stole it. We do know all the ladies in the church are off the hook though, I mean, I did get the gift card to the craft store back, right? What more proof do you need?

No comments: