Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, October 20, 2008

I Saw the Hot Dog Car Today!!

When I was little we had this cool Richard Scarry book, Cars, Trucks and Things That Go (a Giant Little Golden Book). It was about transportation for lack of a better explanation. It was full of all sorts of silly cars, trucks, boats, etc. About two months ago I found this fantastic book at a thrift store and had to buy it!! At first Ben didn't care for it at all, but after a few times looking at the book he began to really, really love it. He particularly likes the pickle car, the hammer car and the pencil car with 5 seats to name just a few. He giggles and snickers as he turns the pages looking for Goldbug who hides in every page.
I was reminded of the book today as we were driving home from our daily adventures and I took a different route than normal by jumping on the highway for about 2 miles instead of taking the regular streets. Boy am I glad I did that! I saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile driving down I-66! I pointed it out to Ben right away and he thought it was great. He wanted to know if the guy driving it would sell us a hot dog if we could catch him. Call me weird, but it was so super exciting to me. Because we like to do road trips so much, I had actually done a bit of research to see if we could ever cross paths with this fancy set of wheels on any trips, but it never works out. So while I wouldn't really say today I achieved one of my life dreams or anything on that scale, it sure was exciting for me to see it with my own eyes and to be able to share it with Ben.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's so cool! And I love, love, love Richard Scary books!

Lisa Kearl said...

Abe's mom has that book and Ryker loves to look at it. He loves trucks and cars. That's neat that you saw the weinermobile. Hope I get to see it one day.