Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tests in Primary?

Ben is getting really serious about the upcoming Primary program the kids will be presenting for the parents during the Sunday service in two weeks. They have been practicing lots of songs and he sings them around the house then tells me, "Sister Voges is giving us a test to make sure we know the words." I'm not sure he knows exactly what a test is, I mean, where has he ever had a test before, he's in preschool. But the word "test" does seem to be striking at least some fear into the boy. The kids took over the chapel last Sunday to practice and kicked the adults out into one of the smaller rooms. He said he had to say his part TWO times!! Can you believe the abuse? That was too much work in his mind. I'm not loosing any sleep though, it's one sentence. They asked how he can be like Jesus, so his line is, "I can be like Jesus by helping my mom and dad at home." I recited it to him the other day and he corrected me because I left off the "at home" part, so I guess he's got it down and is ready to go. Now...I just hope when all the grown-ups are in the room that he'll still be willing to sit on the stage in his spot and say his line. Hopefully his teacher, Sister Clark, can work a miracle. She has done it before with him and if we could start a "Sister Clark Fan Club" he'd be her biggest fan. I feel sad for him that he'll move classes with the new year. The good news, his new teacher will be his friend's mom....unless they shuffle the teachers. Ughh...that's not a good thought for me.

No comments: