Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We Scheduled the Delivery

Baby #3 should make his first appearance to the world on Dec 5 at around 1:30. This predicted birth will of course, be plus or minus a few hours because of some wild and crazy hospital policy. Apparently, we learned with Maddie's scheduled delivery that the relatively painfree, comfortable, scheduled c-section people have to wait on those darn people that go into labor on their own and are in serious pain and agony. I suppose I can live with that. It is a little bit odd though, sitting on a couch, knowing in an hour, you'll be laid out flat on a table. Then you'll feel a little tug, tug, push, push and "Abra Cadabra!!" They hold up a baby and tell you it's yours. Seriously, with Ben I felt ready, I had labored for 20 hours, blah, blah, blah. It was time to be done. With Maddie, I felt totally cheated in a way. I didn't "earn" that baby at all. I didn't feel as connected with her because of it. It was really weird. Plus, aren't you supposed to hold the baby and cuddle and kiss it or whatever? Yeah, well, with a c-section your arms are spread straight to your sides and strapped down tight so you can't even move. Not the premium bonding moment from the movies or your lamaze class. Still, I did end up liking Maddie in the end, even without that initial "magical" moment. So, we're planning to cheat again. I'm praying the surgery goes as well with #3 as with #2. Surgery #1 was a totally and complete disaster with a solid 3 months of nightmare recovery. I think everyone should only have one of those in their lives and I've had mine, thank you very much. Dec 5 at 1:30 it is. Don't expect a call though. I'm not really into that. I've found the most beautiful and sacred times of my life have still been the hours I spend alone with Brian in the recovery room and in my room after the birth of our two babies when I finally get to meet the baby. The feeling of God being close by, the miracle of creation and his hand in everything is almost tangible in those moments. I'm totally serious too. When we had Ben, we only told one person we were heading to the hospital and CHANGED hospitals at the last minute so we could hide from all our well wishing friends. Mean, I know, but I'm glad we did. Once the world butts in, it just isn't ever the same again. It's a sort of emotional repreave for me and I don't want to be bothered by anyone. We'll let you know when we're good and ready. I love you all though.

No comments: