Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What Greater Gift than Peace of Mind?

For the last 2 years or so Angie has been bugging me about when she is going to get a nice present. I just have not been able to satisfy her. She just wants something bigger and better. Can you blame her? It all started with my birthday in 2006. Ben was getting a little cramped in the back seat of our extended cab pickup truck, so we traded it in for a 4-door truck. It just happened to me the weekend just before my birthday that we made the purchase, so Angie counted it as my birthday present. It was much more than we have ever spent on a birthday gift before. However, my present was soon outdone when , just four months later, we bought our house in Virginia. We closed and moved in on Ben's 2nd birthday. Every year since, Angie has been asking me what great gift she can expect for her birthday. I have been unable to match the great gifts Ben and I received two years ago...until now. This year for Angie's birthday, I bought her a french drain and a sump pump for our basement. Now she should have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that we will not have to fight leaks into our basement anymore. The cost of the sump pump came close to the price of my birthday present, but the peace of mind should far exceed the price we paid for Ben's present. After all, what greater gift is there than peace of mind?

1 comment:

Juli said...

Happy Birthday Angie! I'm happy for your new peace of mind. Shon bought me an oven one year and I got a baby another year. I love birthdays. I wish I were there to take you out to lunch, because in addition to peace of mind we all need a little grown-up conversation! You're the best.