Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, October 17, 2008

Massage Addicts

My two kids are both addicted to massages. Ben is notorious for pulling his shirt up to his chin during church on Sunday right in the chapel. Then he walks up to Brian and throws his body across Brian's lap. No words are really required, Brian just starts massaging him. Of course, if Brian doesn't start massaging right away, Ben gets instantly perturbed. He scowls a deadly look at Brian and commands him to massage his back. Seriously, it's disgusting to me. Today Maddie snuggled up to my side while I was sitting on the couch. I put my arm around her side and hugged her a little bit. Her only response was to say, "I'll open it for you, Mom." After which she pulled her shirt up in the front and told me to, "Get my tummy, mommy," totally expecting a massage. Why doesn't that happen for me all the time? In college I had a roommate, Tricia, that had graduated from massage school. She was working in a chiropractors office and not really using her certification at the time, but didn't want to get out of practice. It could very possibly have been the best day of my life, okay, maybe not the best, but in the top ten for sure the day she approached me asking for a favor. You see, she didn't want to inconvenience me at all, since she knew my life was pretty full with school, work and all the other things college kids do. So would I maybe possibly be willing or able to find one hour a week to help her out? She would give me a full body massage and in return she wanted, well, nothing. HELLO?!?!?! See what I mean? Totally in the running for best day of my life... For the next 6 months or so I got a full body massage once a week. I have never felt physically better in my life! I have serious back and neck pain every day of my life from multiple accidents through my junior high and high school years, not the least of which was a diving board accident where I hit my face, lost my teeth, etc. In the end, I have to pay someone at the massage therapy school to get. Though, when I do take the time to make an appointment about once a year, it is worth every penny of that $25 (I know, that's dirt cheap for 1 hour). Brian does give pretty darn good backrubs too though. I just feel bad asking him too often.

No comments: