Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Every 24 Hours

General rules of "Sick Kid Courtesy" include staying away from everyone for 24 hours. So, what do you do if your kid is absolutely and totally okay except that every 24 hours he vomits? What rule do I go by? With my luck, Brian will return from his stupid two week trip to Europe right when Ben quits being sick. The evil part of me wants him to suffer like I do when he's gone. I know it might be a little lonely, but seriously, it cannot be hard to be away on a trip. I get so angry that I am stuck here with no relief for two weeks. It just makes my blood boil when things go even worse when Brian leaves and they always do. Remember the last trip Brian took? I do. Our basement flooded twice, once from rainy weather, once from a broken water heater, which meant no hot showers for 3 days, relocating the contents of the living room to the main floor and attempting to dry and save the carpet alone. Today Ben was totally fine, acting normal all day, AGAIN. Then after dinner, he does it again. Guess we're totally cancelling any intention to go to Buffalo this week. What kind of virus only manifests itself every 24 hours? Last fall, Maddie had something similar that lasted 6 weeks! The doctors couldn't find anything, but she lost 2 1/2 pounds, which is a lot for a 15 pound kid. Ben already missed the b-day party he was so excited about going to for his preschool buddy Wade. Now preschool tomorrow morning is out again and they were going on a fieldtrip to the farm. Guess we're on our own. Let me rephrase, I'm on my own. I hate ExxonMobil when they do this to me and my family. When are they going to pay for me to have a two week vacation alone, eating out every meal without paying for anything from my family budget? Maddie is acting out all day, everyday. I caved and she is addicted to the binkie for my own personal sanity, day and night she screams for it. I give it to her all the time so I don't scream back at her. As of today, she must also be feeling bad as evidenced by her diapers and her sore bum. Neither of the kids have been sleeping well for the last 6 days I've been up with both several times every night. Brian doesn't sleep much at night anyway, so he helps a lot with that and I'm missing his help these days. Why can't we just be a family again?

No comments: