Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Make It Beep Again

Maddie refused to eat her dinner tonight. All she would eat was strawberries. Not having the will to fight her, I let her leave the table and be done. Ben told me his body was hurting now, so I offered him some childrens pain relief medicine. Maddie wanted to help, so she got to be the nurse. I measured out the medicine and asked him to sit up. She helped me squirt it into Ben's mouth. Then he wanted a drink, so she got it and as she brought it back, she said, "Now sit up Ben, for a drink, okay."
I took Ben's temperature, which was fine, but once Maddie sees the ear thermometer machine, it's game over. We all have to check our ears a hundred times. Goldmine for me. I told her I could check her ears. Beep. Smile. What? You want to do it again? Okay, go take a bite first. She runs away, climbs up on her chair, gets a bite and runs back to me. "I ready, Mom." Beep. Smile. "Again!" "First a bite of soup." "Okay." Pitter patter little feet. Climb up, climb down. Pitter patter. "Ready, Mom." You get the picture. It was a long drawn out dinner, but she ate and we're all smiling still.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, the tricks we use. Hope your brood gets to feeling better soon. And I really hope you don't get it.