Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Junk Mail for Pregnany Moms

Once the world knows you are pregnant, you hit the lists and get junk mail for years. Yesterday we got two great pieces of mail. One addressed to Meshack Zufelt, our code name we used on dummy forms for Ben when he didn't have a real name yet. My brother and sister-in-law had used Shadrach for their inutero baby, so we took Meshach, assuming my younger siblings would snatch up Abed-nego and something else fun from the story of Daniel in the Bible. So, our non-existent Meshack is still getting mail 5 years later and 3 addresses later. How do they track us? Oh yeah, I do know I spelled it wrong too. Who knew the Bible spelled it with an "h" at the end? The other great piece of mail I got was to me. I've been getting these super helpful advise cards for months now from Similac Baby Formula company. The campaign is for "Strong Moms" and has coupons for energy bars with advise about having energy, the top 10 things moms forget to bring to the hospital to deliver and other random stuff. My favorite advise from this packet is about helping daddy bond with the baby called, "Getting Dad Prepared." Like that is my duty or something. In very elloquent words, it said to all the hyperstressed mommies out there, basically, BACK OFF!! He'll figure out how to do it on his own. If he wants to explain the rules of football in their alone time, let them alone. So, I intend to BACK OFF and let Brian find his own "special" way of bonding with baby. There are some days that I actually do love junk mail. But only when it makes me laugh at the sender...

No comments: