Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, October 3, 2008

I Feel So Broken Today

Someone said not too long ago that they felt down because they were the only ones having rough days. Ample evidence is provided in the blogs posted online. Everyone posts about their amazing wonderful days. Of course, we all feel more like posting about the good stuff, right? We'll here's my down in the dumps post to balance out all those happy people. This week so far: **My wallet was stolen from my bag AT CHURCH on Sunday. **Sunday dinner at the Hyatt home included 2 hours of screaming and crying from Maddie, followed by 3 more hours at home before she passed out on the couch at 11pm without eating anything since 3pm nursery snack time. **We had to move the entire basement (food storage, Christmas tree, you name it) to the main floor and bedrooms upstairs. **10 hours of jackhammering in the basement = no naps for Maddie who is sick (we think). **My entire house is covered in a fine silt type dust that will take weeks to get rid of. **The work crew cut out the wood paneling on our back wall too high, so we now have to rip out the entire wall and hang sheet rock, mud and tape. Is there any point in cleaning the dust up if we just have to make the mess again next weekend?? **DMV won't let me order new drivers license online so I have to go in with the kids and stand in line. **Maddie slept about 2 1/2 hours total Wednesday night because she felt so bad and vomited a few times, we slept less than her. **I can't do laundry with the vomit covered sheets because the washing machine can't go back in place for 4 days after new cement was poured in the basement. **At Wal-Mart last night I thought I would break into tears and tried to avoid eye contact with all the strangers, to lighten my mood I bought an air freshener for me and a pot of flowers to put on the front step for Ben. He loves to water them everyday. Upon my return I told him there was a surprise on the front step for him. He broke into tears and had a tantrum that he couldn't have it in his bedroom. I just sat on the floor by the front door trying not to cry. I was just trying to make him happy. I just crawled in bed and fell asleep listening to the vice presidential debate. **Maddie spilled her cereal all over my clean kitchen (thanks Brian, you're fantastic). I finally lost it this morning, I just started sobbing. Ben came down and gave me a hug to make it better. In what feels like a vain attempt to see the bright side of the week I came up with this: **We saw Cath deliver dinner to a neighbor who had surgery this week and invited us over on the spot for my favorite dinner in the whole world, chicken fettuccine alfredo. We ate enough that her husband probably went hungry that night. **I already have credit monitoring, so the stolen wallet thing should work out if I can get everything cancelled and resent. **We fixed the basement before it got really, really bad, and hopefully we'll never flood again.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, Angie, I'd cry too. I'm surprised you made it as long as you did, especially with the extra pregnancy hormones throwing you off. It can only get better, right?

Mandy said...

Oh no! Sounds like a really rough week...someone deserves a night out with the girls for ice cream. Thanks for keeping it real on your blog. During my bad weeks I just don't post anything :) Let me know when we can meet up with Ben and Jerry for some chocolate therapy!

Megan said...

I cried for you, reading this! What a horrible week, I am so sorry!

I'd love to meet you at the mall and watch your kids while you do the DMV, or you could drop them at my house while you go to the one near us! When I went, it wasn't that long of a wait.