Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Retraction of Sorts

Yesterday was a super, super windy day and it was trash day. During lunch our trash can lid blew across the field in front of our house. It occured to me that the trash can could come flying across the field next and that the day our good trash can was stolen it was super, super windy too. Huh. So I went to search in the woods for our stolen trash can. As I went out the door, Brian yelled out that if I found it, I would be obligated to print a retraction on my blog. Well, it was not there. I didn't really expect to find it, but figured I better try. No retraction needed.
Today we returned home from a lovely morning playdate with the Arveseths where I had mentioned Brian's retraction comment and we had laughed about it. Guess what was on my doorstep when we got home? The "stolen" trash can. Someone had taped a note to it, "Is this yours? I think I took it by accident." It made me laugh, it made me cry, it restored my faith in humanity. We have been reunited once again my trash can and me. The note wasn't signed, but I don't much care. Whoever my poor neighbor is, probably felt bad enough when they noticed. No hard feelings, but thanks for returning it.

No comments: