Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

More Supervision Required

Maddie and Ben both help around the house with all sorts of chores. Maddie is particularly good at emptying the dishwasher and putting all the plastic cups, bowls and plates into the drawer. When the dishwasher was open tonight she asked, "Can I make a pile, Mommy?" meaning can I empty the plastic stuff? I told her to go ahead, I had already taken care of the glass and ceramics on the bottom and the top seems to be full of plastic. Apparently not today. I should have checked.
All I heard was the sound of glass cracking and I turned quickly. I don't even remember using those three glass juice cups, but I guess I did. She had "made a pile" with the glass cups as well as the plastic variety. I swooped in to save her little hands and cut my own knuckle in the process. I guess I will always check the dishwasher now before I let her loose, even when I'm totally sure it's going to be safe.

No comments: