Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, October 2, 2008

You Can't Vomit Anymore - We're Out Of Sheets

I don't typically blog at 3:30 am. It's just been one of those nights. I finally went up to bed just after 11pm because Maddie couldn't seem to settle down and stop whimpering. I figured it was my turn to take a few rounds of parenting comfort time. I fell asleep by 11:45 but she was up every few minutes. Finally I caved and brought her exhausted to lay in my bed for a minute until she really went out. That's a super huge no-no at our house. Kids belong in kid beds, not mine. But I'm pregnant and sleep deprived from a week of this. Basically, desperate. At 1:30 Brian got her and gave her some gas drops then went to her bed with her since she was crying in our bed now anyway. Pretty soon she was vomiting. We got her cleaned up, her room and mostly it got all over dad (what a man to take it for the team). She gladly got in new pajamas and was totally happy to go to sleep in her own bed. She must have felt better. All the disruption finally took it's tole on me though. I lay in bed from 2 am to 3 am telling myself I wasn't hungry enough to have to get something to eat...just sleep, PLEASE. I don't recall seeing the clock after 3 am but we were both up, changing sheets and cleaning carpet again about 3:20. I knew for sure I would never get back to sleep without filling my tummy so I got a snack in the kitchen while I documented this lovely night to share with all of you. The applesauce is gone, I'm heading to bed for the 25th time tonight. Luckily, Maddie has her 2 year old "well check" with the pediatrician tomorrow morning. So much for it being a "well check". Hope they can solve the 8 day mystery bug for us.

No comments: