Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Bars

Today I made pumpkin bars for dessert with a scrumptious cream cheese frosting. They were pretty fantastic, even if they almost got burned. I couldn't believe how moist they were inside even though the top looked well cooked. I had the kids help me, so it took all morning, but they really enjoyed the time spent together. Brian was able to have some "alone time" while we stayed busy in the kitchen. That is something Brian treasures above all else, but hasn't had much at all since Ben was born and I started staying home. I'm not sure home is the same refuge it used to be in our childless working days. My favorite quote of the day came from Ben. After I made the cream cheese frosting I handed him the spatula to lick off the rich and creamy treat. He eagerly took it and had a taste. He said it was REALLY good. Then he took another two licks and handed it back to me. He said, "It tastes like Maddie's skin." Someone tell me what exactly what that means...and why would he know what Maddie's skin tastes like??

No comments: