Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Don't Worry, Now You Won't Have to Cut It

Most people around know I've been experimenting with cake decorating for a while now. Brian has been encouraging me to use a pan my friend Jessica gave me. It is the shape of a t-shirt, so the plan was to make a Steve shirt (Blues Clues) for my birthday. This morning Ben suggested that we go bake the cake and then we could go shopping to find me a matching Steve shirt to wear so I would match my cake. We made the cake together while Maddie took a nap (which she put herself down for in her bed at 10 am, good girl). The cake was baked and cooled. I tried to remove it from the pan and flip it so I could level the bottom. I got it loose and only lost a tiny chunk out of the back...not bad. I flipped it back to trim and it fell apart completely. Completely meaning - no actual way to put the right pieces in the right spot ever again...Ben noticed it hadn't gone as planned and in his infinite wisdom, looking at 20 chunks of cake spread all over the baking sheet said, "Don't worry, Mom. Now you won't have to cut it up for all the people. It's already in pieces for them. Everyone can just choose a piece." Not exactly what I had in mind, but okay... Everyone who makes cakes knows, frosting is simply "really yummy glue". If you are one of those people that wants the frosting and could skip the cake...come on over for my birthday on Monday...it took about a gallon of chocolate frosting to stick that cake back together. We'll give you one of the many pieces that is more frosting than cake.

No comments: